Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spring Nail Polish: China Glaze's For Audrey

 China Glaze's famous For Audrey.
 Yup, the perfect spring nail polish!




As you can see, I had a little fun with some nail art! Nothing much, but it was my first time trying it out.



Now, I'm pretty sure that the majority of all China Glaze lovers already own or have seen this nail polish before. It is one of the most raved about nail polishes! Especially on youtube. But in case you are not one of those people, this blog post is for you. And if you  are one of those people, but just feel like reading this post anyway, well then, enjoy :)

The name "For Audrey" is refferring to Audrey Hephern, as in "Breakfast at Tiffany's" And I actually just made that connection, so silly me. Haha, I feel stupid now...

Anywho, the simplest way to describe this is as a robin's egg blue. However, the pictures above are not doing this beautiful nail polish color much justice ( I apologize for the bad quality of the pictures). In real life, it actually has a teeny bit of mint green in there, too. It is not just a flat-out blue. Although you can't really tell from the pics, it is a robin's egg blue with a little bit of mint green. This color actually reminds me of springtime in Maryland, because when I was visiting there while I was younger, there was a really pretty tree that some robins had made a nest in. I remember finding the shell of the robins egg at the bottom of the tree, where it fell down, and it looked almost identical to this nail polish.

As for the quality and consistency of this nail polish goes, well, I have never been that impressed with China Glaze. The brush is quite flimsy. However, I did find that this nail polish had a slightly thicker consistency than the other colors, which is a good thing. Most China Glaze colors are super runny and streaky, but with this particular one, it wasn't as runny. I usually just let it go though, because China Glaze has a better color selection than any other nail polish brand!

No comments:

Post a Comment