Monday, April 18, 2011

Why am I wearing dark nail polish in spring?

Ok, so first off, sorry, sooo sorry about not posting for like a week! I did post something yesterday, but that wasn't really anything beauty or fashion related, so it doesn't count! I have been busy with school, figure skating, singing, and just plain lazy-ness...

...Although I am completely in the mood for some fun spring nail polishes, this dark nail polish  is still pretty awesome. I am the type of gal who loves the darker polishes, so I will make a few exceptions throughout this spring season.
This nail polish is Orly's Naughty nail polish. It is a gorgeous creme burgundy/deep chocolate brown color. I actually wouldn't say it's much of a burgundy, because it is definitely more brown than red. Yup, just a hint of dark red in there but it's mostly just a very deep creme brown. In some lights, it looks almost black.

This nail polish lasted pretty well, and the chipping was nothing major. The consistency was very, very streaky on the first coat but once I started putting on the second coat, it started to even out and deepen. I actually find that sometimes the darker nail polishes are the ones that you need the most coats on because it takes such a long time to get the deep, dark shade to become even and balanced out. You can get it at Sally Beauty Supply for $6. I would say it's worth the money!

3 comments:

  1. The nail polish looks wonderful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my guy friends used to wear black nail polish on his toes.

    ReplyDelete